The Village of Nyack will begin its 2016 repaving and maintenance work early this season. We were able to negotiate an earlier time. Work will begin Friday, August 12.
This year will include repaving of 6 streets and crack sealing more than 20 streets. Crack sealing is preventive work to increase the lifespan of the road surface, which dramatically decreases the long term maintenance cost.
Below is the 2016 work schedule, a map showing the 2016 repaving and seal work, and a historical map of road maintenance since 2011:
- Crack Sealing — August – we will begin Asphalt Crack Sealing on various streets throughout the Village. Please note that South Broadway, Depew and First Avenue will be closed to parking during the process. It is a fairly quick process that will require one day to complete all of the roads we have scheduled for the sealing process. If we have rain showers prior to the work, we will have to reschedule.
- Repaving — August – we will begin Milling (removal of the top 1.5” of driving surface) and Re-Paving the following streets:
- Washington Street – Cedar Hill to Main
- Summit Street – Cedar Hill to Main
- Jackson Avenue – Franklin to Washington
- Fifth Avenue – Central to NYS Rt 9W
- High Avenue – Midland to Polhemus
- Midland Ave Rebuild — Starting Sept (will take months)– we are receiving bids for the milling, paving, limited sidewalk work and limited drainage work, on Midland Avenue. – from Cedar Hill to the northern Village limit. The project is scheduled to begin in mid-September.
Map of 2016 repaving and crack sealing work (The crack sealing streets may be altered slightly once work commences)
Historical Map of repaving work by year since 2011.