|04/27/2015||Posts||Trees of the Nyacks Photo/Essay Winners…|
|04/23/2015||Posts||Celebrate spring and Arbor Day!|
|04/09/2015||Posts||Nyack Tree Inventory|
|04/01/2015||Posts||WHERE’S YOUR FAVORITE TREE? SNAP IT AND MAP IT!|
|02/28/2015||Posts||Tree City USA|
|02/24/2015||Posts||LOVE ‘EM AND LEAVE ‘EM|
The Nyack Tree Committee works to promote a healthy, safe and sustainable community forest that will provide the many benefits that trees can provide in the cost effective way. It includes at least three residents of the Nyacks appointed regular members, and the Village Administrator as an ex officio member. The committee’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop a Community Forestry Management Plan including education, outreach, and a planting and maintenance program, based on a complete tree inventory
- Support the Planning Board and Building Department in an advisory role.
- Enhance and support the efforts of the Village’s Consulting Arborist in an advisory role.
- Review and recommend improvements to code provisions related to trees.
- Review and recommend design guidelines related to trees.
- Continue to develop plans for planting and stewardship and monitor the forestry program.
- Meetings of the committee are held at least once a month at Village Hall and are open to the public. The regular meeting date is the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. To accommodate the schedules of the members, the date is changed from time to time. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please confirm the date and time beforehand.