|04/03/2017||Accepting Bids for the Collection, Removal and Disposal of Recyclables in Village of Nyack||Public Works, Village Clerk||RFP/RFQ/RFEI|
|12/30/2016||Snow Policy 2016-2017||Public Works||Policy|
|12/13/2016||2017 Trash Schedule||Public Works||Other Document|
|10/27/2015||Stormwater Management MS4||Public Works||Policy|
|10/16/2015||Leaf Policy||Public Works||Policy|
|03/15/2016||Rockland County Hazardous Waste Information||Public Works||Policy|
|10/16/2015||Recycling Information and Schedule||Public Works||Policy|
|10/16/2015||Road Opening Permit||Public Works||Form/Permit/Application|
|03/07/2016||Dumpster Rental Form||Public Works||Form/Permit/Application|
|04/30/2012||Trash/Recycling Info — Village of Nyack||Public Works, Residents||Policy|
- Contact: James Politi, Superintendent
- Ann Marie Tlsty, Office Manager
- Jonathan Abrams, DPW Foreman
- Address: 63 Catherine Street, Nyack, NY 10960
- Phone: 845-358-3552 or 845-358-0548 ext. 283
- Fax: 845-348-0935
- Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
- TRASH COLLECTION IS MONDAY AND THURSDAYS FOR ALL RESIDENTS.
- Trash cans should not exceed 50 lbs
- One person should be able to lift it
- All trash must be placed curbside between 6:00pm on the evening before and 7:00am on the day of trash collection.
- BULK PICK- UP is available on the first Friday of each month. Items may be placed neatly at the curb within 24 hours of the pick-up.
- MATTRESSES – all mattresses and box springs must be sealed in plastic before being left at the curb for BULK PICK-UP ONLY. Mattress disposal bags are available at local home improvement stores, and the DPW has bags available for residents at no charge. The DPW will not pick up any mattress or bedding that is not properly sealed.
- Yard Waste
- Brush must be in manageable bundles – less than 5 feet long
- Grass, leaves & weeds must be bagged – no plastic bags will be picked up.
- Biodegradable leaf bags are available at the DPW 358-3552. Call us if you cannot get to DPW and be sure to leave your address – we are always available to help residents.
- Limit 10 bags per visit, please bring ID for proof of residency
- Leaf Policy
- October 15 to December 5 – Leaves may be placed curbside for pick-up
- Leaves must be free of rocks, sticks, brush and trash
- After December 15 (or the first major snowfall) – leaves must be in biodegradable bags – no leaf piles should be placed on the street after that date (or the first major snowfall-whichever happens first)
RECYCLING – is scheduled twice a month for all residents 0n Wednesdays.
Please find the street schedule under the documents section of the Department of Public Works
- The DPW will not remove construction debris from contractor work areas
- Dumpster Rental
- Residents may rent a dumpster for household projects and debris
- $325 for the first 3 tons, any overages will be billed to the resident
- The dumpster rental form is available online under the documents section of DPW webpage
- Contact the DPW office for more information at 845-358-3552 or 845-358-0548 ext. 283
- Village Litter Baskets
- Litter Baskets are for use by visitors to Nyack
- They are NOT for businesses or residential garbage
- Unlawful dumping will result in fines
- Sewer Lines
- Orangetown Sewer Department maintains the sewer lines in the Village of Nyack
- Any issues that are sewer related, please call 845-359-6502
- Illicit Discharges
- An illicit discharge is an unlawful act of disposing, dumping, spilling, emitting, or discharging any substance other than storm water into the storm drain system; such as catch basins, yard inlets, lakes, streams or rivers.
- To report an illicit discharge in the Village of Nyack, please call 845-359-6502
Please call Orange & Rockland to report downed power lines, street light outages,
and gas and electric emergencies at 1-877-434-4100
To report a GAS LEAK call 1-800-533-LEAK (5325) or call 911 immediately