|01/02/2014||Posts||Snow Storm Preparations|
|11/26/2013||Posts||No Trash Pickup Thursday or Friday|
|03/27/2013||Posts||No Refuse pickup Friday 3/29|
|06/19/2012||Posts||June 2012 Update on Streetscape Project|
|02/10/2012||Posts||Garbage and Recycling Information|
|01/21/2012||Posts||Water Main Break on Franklin St.|
|01/14/2012||Posts||Project Update – Marina Construction|
|11/22/2011||Posts||Holiday Weekend Trash Pick-up Suspended|
|10/14/2011||Posts||Orange & Rockland Upgrades Infrastructure in Nyack|
|08/19/2011||Posts||Leaf Pickup Tips|
|08/18/2011||Posts||Public Works Department|
Upcoming MeetingsNo items found.
Past MeetingsNo items found.
ProjectsNo items found.
- Contact: James Politi, Superintendent
- Ann Marie Tlsty, Office Manager
- Jonathan Abrams, DPW Foreman
- Address: 63 Catherine Street, Nyack, NY 10960
- Phone: 845-358-3552 or 845-358-0548 ext. 283
- Fax: 845-348-0935
- Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
- TRASH COLLECTION IS MONDAY AND THURSDAYS FOR ALL RESIDENTS.
- Trash cans should not exceed 50 lbs
- One person should be able to lift it
- All trash must be placed curbside between 6:00pm on the evening before and 7:00am on the day of trash collection.
- BULK PICK- UP is available on the first Friday of each month. Items may be placed neatly at the curb within 24 hours of the pick-up.
- MATTRESSES – Mattresses and box springs must be sealed in plastic before being left at the curb for BULK PICK-UP ONLY. Mattress disposal bags are available at the DPW for residents of the Village. The DPW will not pick up any mattress or bedding that is not properly sealed.
- Yard Waste & Brush Bags
- Brush must be in manageable bundles – less than 5 feet long
- Grass, leaves & weeds must be bagged – no plastic bags will be picked up.
- Pick-up is usually on Fridays, other days as staff & time allows – more frequently during the fall season for leaves.
- Biodegradable leaf bags are available at the DPW 845-358-3552. Call if you cannot get to DPW and be sure to leave your address – we are always available to help residents.
- Limit 10 bags per visit, please bring ID for proof of residency
- Leaf Policy
- October 15 to December 5 – Leaves may be placed curbside for pick-up.
- Leaves must be free of rocks, sticks, brush and trash.
- After December 5 (or the first major snowfall) – leaves must be in biodegradable bags – no leaf piles should be placed on the street after that date.
RECYCLING – is scheduled twice a month for all residents 0n Wednesdays.
Please find the street schedule under the documents section of the
Department of Public Works
- The DPW will not remove construction debris from contractor work areas.
- Dumpster Rental
- Residents may rent a dumpster for household projects and debris.
- $325 for the first 3 tons, any overages will be billed to the resident.
- The dumpster rental form is available online under the documents section of DPW webpage.
- Contact the DPW office for more information at 845-358-3552 or 845-358-0548 ext. 283.
- Village Litter Baskets
- Litter Baskets are for use by visitors to Nyack.
- They are NOT for commercial or residential garbage.
- Unlawful dumping will result in fines.
- Sewer Lines
- Orangetown Sewer Department maintains the sewer lines in the Village of Nyack.
- Any issues that are sewer related, please call 845-359-6502.
- Illicit Discharges
- An illicit discharge is an unlawful act of disposing, dumping, spilling, emitting, or discharging any substance other than storm water into the storm drain system; such as catch basins, yard inlets, lakes, streams or rivers.
- To report an illicit discharge in the Village of Nyack, please call 845-359-6502.
Please call Orange & Rockland to report downed power lines, street light outages,
and gas and electric emergencies at 1-877-434-4100
To report a GAS LEAK call 1-800-533-LEAK (5325) or call 911 immediately
Documents:No items found.
|01/02/2014||Snow Storm Preparations|
|11/26/2013||No Trash Pickup Thursday or Friday|
|03/27/2013||No Refuse pickup Friday 3/29|
|06/19/2012||June 2012 Update on Streetscape Project|
|02/10/2012||Garbage and Recycling Information|
|01/21/2012||Water Main Break on Franklin St.|
|01/14/2012||Project Update – Marina Construction|
|11/22/2011||Holiday Weekend Trash Pick-up Suspended|
|10/14/2011||Orange & Rockland Upgrades Infrastructure in Nyack|
|08/19/2011||Leaf Pickup Tips|
|08/18/2011||Public Works Department|