PURPOSE, SCOPE & SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The Village of Nyack is seeking proposals for the complete outsourcing of the Nyack Marina operations. This will include oversight of the adjacent launch ramp as well.
The marina operation should include seasonal slip rentals within the marina, day-slip rentals for transients, and the possible installation and rentals of moorings to both seasonal users as well as transients. It is also strongly encouraged that the marina operator include facilities or accommodations for human-powered vessels, such as kayaks and canoes, within the confines of the marina facilities.
C. OPERATION REQUIREMENTS:
a. The proposer is to provide a complete outsourced solution for the marina that would deliver a monthly sum of money to the village, per the terms of the agreement.
b. The proposer will provide oversight of the launch ramp and assigned parking spaces.
c. The marina operation is intended to be a 12-month a year venture giving the operator the opportunity to rent assigned parking space for off-season boat storage.
d. It is anticipated that the marina will be assigned 12 long trailer spaces and 30 regular parking spaces to support its operation. Modifications to this parking inventory are possible, depending on the proposed plan of operation.
e. The proposer will have the right to install/erect/establish concessions—either a physical structure or vending machines—that include, but are not limited to, food, beverages, bait, tackle, oil (in containers), and cleaning supplies. The proposer and the Village will mutually agree on the items to be sold.
f. The proposer will be permitted to establish bathroom/washroom facilities within the marina, either via an agreement with existing marina facilities or via a freestanding structure approved by the Village and meeting all regulatory requirements.
g. The marina operator is strongly encouraged to provide a plan that accommodates both motor- and human-powered watercraft. The proposer will in good faith negotiate with entities, including but not limited to the River Rowing Association, that would like to run or encourage human-powered activities within the marina.
hg. The Village will provide the operator the authority to issue parking summonses to violators parking in the operator’s assigned spots. f. The Village will be responsible for the insurance coverage of the marina and the docks within the marina. The marina operator will insure any additional docks, moorings, or other structures that erected. All of these structures—including a marina store, snack bar, restaurant, concession stand, repair facility, and office—will become the property of the Village if deemed permanent .
ig. The Village will be responsible for installation of all the basic electrical within the marina, including running metered lines to the slips. The marina operator will pay for all additional electrical improvements to the facility, and be responsible for paying all electrical usage.
jh. The marina operator will not sub-let any portion of the marina operation without expressed approval by the Nyack Village Board.
k. The Marina Operator shall be required to provide the Village of Nyack with Insurance as set forth on the “Insurance Requirements” attachment to this RFP.
Business Organization and Personnel
State the full name and address of your organization that will perform, or assist in performing, the work hereunder. Indicate whether you operate as an individual, partnership, or corporation; if as a corporation, include the state in which you are incorporated. Include the names and phone numbers of personnel of your organization authorized to negotiate the proposed contract.
Describe in narrative form the management structure, methods, and procedures selected by your organization to complete the project as described in Section 1.
Prior Experience Disclosure
Given the project objectives, the vendor should demonstrate an established competence with respect installing a community notification system to achieve project objectives within time and cost constraints.
Proposals submitted should include in this section a listing of qualifying experience. These references must include a complete project description, the name, address, and phone number of the responsible official of the client organization who may be contacted. References of similar size municipalities and requirements are encouraged, though not required.
The selected vendor must provide the County with a comprehensive privacy statement outlining its contractual obligations to maintain privacy regarding the names of the marina clients. The vendor shall include in that statement that it will not sell, lease, share, rent, or barter personally identifiable information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) to any companies or persons at any time.
The bidder shall provide a clear and complete description of the intended outsourcing operation. This shall include, but not be limited to, the intended upgrades to the marina as will exist in the spring of 2012, once the current reparations are complete. The bidder shall also include any plans for additional structures, docks, mooring fields, or public access walkways, along with the year of the intended alteration. If the configuration of the marina and the docks within it are to be substantially altered, this plan should be described in detail. The construction of any marina structures, such as a store, office, repair shop, or bathrooms, must be described in detail. Any new docks or structures deemed to be permanent would become the property of the village.
Additionally, the bidder shall describe any additional business ventures that would be conducted at that location. This might include a marina store with boating-related materials, fishing supplies and equipment, sundries, and snacks. If the operator intends to expand operations to include a snack bar or restaurant that would require separate facilities beyond the marina store, the operator will provide a detailed description of the planned activities. The operator must also include in its response to the RFP any plans to sell beer, wine or liquor. It is understood that a separate approval process would be required for those products.
In the interest of the marina maintaining its function as a marina, it is understood that the current space that is allocated as a marina should not be diminished and that any floating facility would have to be approved for outside the existing marina space.
The Village of Nyack, NY, is seeking a hosted solution whereby pricing is structured as follows:
1) A monthly lease payment to the Village of Nyack for use of the marina facilities. This should be calculated on a 12-month basis.
2) An outline of how funds collected through the launch ramp kiosk should be distributed between the marina operator and the Village of Nyack .
3) An outline of how funds collected through any ancillary or any additional business venture conducted on-site would be accounted for and distributed between the marina operator and the Village of Nyack.
REJECTION OF PROPOSAL / CONTRACTOR SELECTION
The Village of Nyack, NY, reserves the right to reject any or all submissions, to waive any irregularity or informality in a submission, and to accept or reject any item or combination of items, when to do so would be to the advantage of the Village. It is also within the right of the Village of Nyack, NY, to reject submissions that do not contain all elements and information requested in this document. The Village reserves the right to cancel this RFP at any time. The Village of Nyack, NY, will not be liable for any cost/losses incurred by the Offerors throughout this process.
The Village of Nyack, NY, reserves the exclusive right to determine which Contractor(s) should be awarded the Contract. The Village of Nyack, NY, also reserves the right to reject any or all bids at its discretion with or without cause.
Responses to the RFP may be submitted to the Nyack Village Clerk, 9 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960. Regarding: “Nyack Marina Outsourcing Proposal”.
Responses must be postmarked on or before March 15, 2012.
- Commercial General Liability (CGL) on a form at least equal to ISO form # CG 00 01 12 07 with no restrictive endorsements and limits at least equal to $2,000,000 per occurrence, $3,000,000 aggregate. Policy to be endorsed to:
a. Include the VILLAGE OF NYACK hereafter “ENTITY.” and its officers, agents, employees, affiliated boards, authorities, and commissions as additional insureds. AND
b. Provide that the policy will be primary to and non-contributory with any other insurance available to the additional insured.
c. The certificate of insurance must describe the specific services provided by the Marina Operator that are covered by the commercial general liability policy and the umbrella policy shown in the certificate.
d. At the ENTITY’s request, the Marina Operator shall provide a copy of the declaration page of the liability and umbrella policies with a list of endorsements and forms. If so requested, the contractor will provide a copy of the policy endorsements and forms.
e. The certificate must signed by an official of the insurance company or by a duly appointed agent of the insurance company and must be accompanied by a signed statement made subject to the penalties for perjury attesting to the signer’s status.
IMPORTANT: A copy of the endorsement that triggers additional insured status for the ENTITY must be attached to the certificate.
- Pollution/Environmental Impairment Liability. The Marina Operator must carry pollution/environmental impairment liability insurance in a form acceptable to EUFSD with limits of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate. The Limits shall be per location. If the policy is written on a claim-made basis, Marina Operator must agree to maintain the coverage for three years following completion of the work.
- Automobile Liability (AL) on a form at least equal to ISO form # CA 00 01 03 06 with no restrictive endorsements and a limit at least equal to $1,000,000 per occurrence. Policy must cover “Any Auto” (Symbol 1)
- Workers Compensation (WC) providing full statutory coverage and employers liability coverage (EL). Where there is any exposure adjacent to navigable waters, policy must include US Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation. NOTE: ACORD forms cannot be used to show evidence of Workers Compensation Insurance to governmental entities. Use Form C-105.2 (9-07) “CERTIFICATE OF NYS WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE COVERAGE,” if coverage is provided by a commercial insurer or form # U-26.3, if coverage is provided by the NY State Fund,
- Umbrella Excess liability applying over Commercial General Liability, Auto Liability, and Employers Liability. The limits of such coverage must be at least $5,000,000 per occurrence/$5,000,000 aggregate or the limits of excess liability coverage carried by the contractor, whichever is greater. Aggregate shall not apply to any coverage that is not subject to an aggregate in the underlying policy.
- New York State Disability Benefits Law Coverage using form # DB-120.1 (5/06) “Certificate Of Insurance Coverage Under The NYS Disability Benefits Law.” NOTE: ACORD forms cannot be used to show evidence of Disability Benefits Insurance to governmental entities.
- All other insurance required by law or that the ENTITY may reasonably require.
- IMPORTANT: No deductibles or self-insurance retentions (SIR) are permitted without the specific written consent of the ENTITY. If the policy contains a deductible or self-insured retention, (insert name of party providing the certificate of insurance) shall be responsible to pay the deductible or SIR.
- Provisions requiring the same insurance coverage, contractual liability, and certificates of insurance shall be included in all contracts with sub-contractors engaged by the contractor or its sub-contractors in connection with this project.
10. All policies shall be written with insurance companies licensed and admitted to do business by the State of New York and rated by A M Best Company at least A-minus financial strength rating and IX financial size category.
11. All policies shall be endorsed to require at least 30 days advance notice by certified mail, attention of NYACK VILLAGE CLERK, of cancellation, non-renewal or reduction in coverage.
12. At least 30 days prior to the commencement of services covered by the contract the following must be submitted:
- Evidence of valid insurance for these coverages, AND
- A letter signed by an agent of the insurer attesting that the policies meet these requirements.
Failure of the ENTITY to enforce any of these items shall not waive the responsibility of the contractor or permittee to comply with these requirements.