Village of Nyack, 9 North Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 August 30, 2017
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) TO DESIGN AND PROCURE SPLASH PAD AT MEMORIAL PARK
The Village of Nyack is requesting proposals to design and install one splash pad at Memorial Park. This RFP invites companies to submit proposals describing a complete assembly of a splash pad from planning to completion (installed) with a completion date of May 25, 2018. The Village will select one (1) supplier to provide equipment and materials for the park as outlined in this request.
The Village of Nyack desires to expand the recreational opportunities of its residents and visitors by constructing a splash pad. Construction of a splash pad will provide a safe, healthy, outdoor water recreation option from late spring until early fall. This splash pad will replace the broken and outdated overhead sprinklers currently in Memorial Park.
The anticipated cost range of this project is $150,000 – $180,000.
The splash pad is a low maintenance, environmentally friendly project that will be available to children of all abilities and financial means. Construction of a splash pad will provide a safe, colorful and attractive playground facility for the residents and visitors to the Village of Nyack.
The Village of Nyack will supply the site with water, power, and waste water connections. Water and waste water connections will be made available on the property.
SCOPE OF WORK AND SERVICES
General: The proposed splash pad will be built in Memorial Park. The available space is 2,000 square feet. The successful bidder will be required to coordinate with the Village engineer. The total cost of the splash pad, design, equipment and ALL construction costs shall not exceed $200,000. The below specification describes the components of a complete splash pad equipment system. The system includes but is not limited to those components necessary to make up a completely operational system. The splash pad system is designed to operate as a water to waste system. The splash pad includes the concrete slab, interactive play features, ground nozzles, internal plumbing and electrical works, computerized control system and activators, and other items specified below.
- All surfacing shall be installed so that the entire project complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines established by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board.
- The system will be located on the lower field in Memorial Park, adjacent to the playground area. The intent is to operate the splash pad during warm weather months.
- All embed spray feature with the potential of above grade spray features with interchangeable system to allow reconfiguration of the splash pad at a later date, with potential for colorful lighting.
- The control system will also allow future operation of different groups of features and/or individual features, in varying configurations, sequencing, activating individual
features, and provide time of schedule. An above ground feature controller may be itemized separately. The controller must control the operational variation patterns to be determined by the Village. The controller must operate the solenoid valves to change spray values of individual interactive spray features, and have accessible on site control.
- The splash pad equipment (spray features, embed sprays, drains, pumps, filtration, controls, manifold, and sensors) will be furnished under this contract. The Splash Pad equipment manufacturer will coordinate the delivery of the equipment to accommodate the installing contractor installation schedule. If the Splash Pad equipment is ready prior to the installing contractors required delivery, the splash pad equipment manufacturer will make arrangements to store the equipment.
- All electrical equipment, wiring and conduit necessary for full operation of the splash pad.
- Any other necessary specialties required for proper installation of the splash pad and related equipment resulting in a complete and useable splash pad.
SUPPLIED BY VENDOR
The works and services supplied by the Vendor shall include all aspects of designing, building and operating of a spray park in accordance with the Design Considerations, except for those item expressly stated as supplied by the Village. The items supplied by Vendor, at its own risk and expense, shall encompass all labor, equipment, materials, and operations necessary to complete the project in a manner satisfactory to the Village, including but not limited to the following:
- Submission of a proposed design as part of the response to this RFP
- Excavation of supply line and footings
- Supply and install of supply lines and footings, including bedding aggregates, drain vault, drain line, electrical works from splash pad to control kiosk, compacted base gravel and all plumbing and servicing required within or beneath the splash pad area.
- Supply and installation of the splash pad including overspray area and walkway, appurtenances and ancillary equipment, including activators, kiosks and other controllers, activators, and play features in accordance with the approved design.Back-up replacement parts on-site.
Supply of tamper resistant tools and touch-up paint.
Coordination with the Village and its employees, agents and representatives throughout the project.
The Village at its sole discretion, reserves the following rights:
supplement, add to, delete from and change this RFP document; determine which respondent, if any, shall be selected for negotiations; reject any or all proposals or information received pursuant to this RFP;
• • •
cancel this RFP with or without the substitution of another RFP;
request additional data or information after the submittal date, if such data or information is considered pertinent in the Village’s sole view, to aid the review and selection process;
- conduct investigations with respect to the qualifications and experience of each respondent;
- take the action affecting the RFP or the services or facilities subject to this RFP that would be in the best interests of the municipality;
- require one or more respondents to supplement, clarify or provide additional information in order for the Village to evaluate the RFPs submitted;waive any defect or technicality in any RFP received;
reject any portion of any submittal and/or reject all submittals, to waive any irregularities in the submittals or to re-advertise.
The respondent shall respect the criteria enumerated below for the ceiling cost of $200,000.
- The design shall be appropriate for a public park which is open to a wide variety of demographics, user abilities, cultural backgrounds and all age groups.
- A zero-depth play area.
- Nozzlesshouldberecessedandtamper-proofratherthanprotruding;Nozzlesshould be pressure compensating to avoid eye injury.
- All components comply with all industry guidelines for public playgrounds, and offer wheelchair accessibility.
- Attention is to be given to the play surface with preference given to non-slip concrete.
- Easy to maintain.
- Desirable equipment may include: ground nozzles that spray up unexpectedly, misting components, spray arches/loops, water tower, dumping buckets, umbrellas/ mushrooms, etc.
- The layout shall ensure that there is no overspray beyond the boundaries of the drainage surface.
- Start up, activation and shutdown winterization and training of Department of Public Works staff. Two copies of maintenance data and operating instructions are required. Detail all applicable warranties for the splash pad and equipment.
14. Install a 12 foot transitional area for access to exiting sewer equipment, integrated into design.
15. Splash pad company to include colorful signage, providing facility rules, operating hours, and operational instructions (English).
Respondents are requested to submit a digital copy and five (5) hard copies of the proposal to: James Politi, Village Administrator, 9 N. Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960
Proposals are due on September 25, 2017 by 4:00pm EST and they will be opened publicly on the same day. All proposals become part of the public file for the project, without obligation to the Village of Nyack. The Village of Nyack reserves the right to reject any or all proposals for good cause, in the public interest, and is not liable for any cost incurred by the Consultant in the proposal preparation or presentation.
M/WBE Requirements: Pursuant to NYS Executive Law Article 15-A and 5NYCRR Parts 140- 145, for the purposes of this procurement, the New York Thruway Authority establishes an overall goal of 30% of the contract for Minority and/or Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation. For the purposes of meeting these participation goals, please identify how the M/WBE goal is proposed to be satisfied.
No interpretation or clarification of the meaning of any part of this RFP will be made orally to any respondent. Respondents must request such interpretation or clarification in writing from the municipality by fax or email. The Village will circulate to all other respondents the questions and answers.
The last day for questions will be September 15, 2017
Questions should be directed to: James Politi, Village Administrator, 9 N. Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960. FAX: 845-358-1480 email: email@example.com
The proposals will be reviewed by an Evaluation Team and will be presented to the Village Board for final approval
Mandatory requirements that the respondents must provide in their proposals:
- A detailed lay-out of the proposed project, construction designs, and proposed schedule.
- Three (3) references from three (3) different organizations for which the proponent has developed similar concepts. The information must include the contact name and current telephone number.
- Referencesandexperienceforallsubcontractorsmustbesubmitted.All subcontractors must be licensed and bondable.
The letter shall name the person(s) authorized to represent the Consultant/firm in any negotiations and name of the person(s) authorized to sign any contract, which may result. The letter shall indicate insurances carried by the Consultant. An authorized representative of the Consultant/firm shall sign the proposal letter.
- 2.1. A total scale layout for the site must be included; showing how each piece of equipment will be placed on site.
- 2.2. Renditions of each piece of equipment, showing water effect and size.
- 2.3. Color and finished surface texture of concrete spray pad and, if applicable, concrete walkway.
- 2.4. All warranties must be noted
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Each proposal will be reviewed against the terms of the RFP to determine if they are complete and responsible and how well the respondent satisfies the evaluation criteria. The Village may reject any proposal found to be incomplete, unresponsive or not in compliance with the format requirements set forth in the RFP. A proposal may be determined to be unresponsive if any aspect is found to be unacceptable or contrary to the best interests of the Village.
The Village intends to select the most responsive respondent and to negotiate an Agreement. However, should the negotiation with the most responsive respondent not produce an acceptable contract arrangement, the Village will request the next most responsive respondent to begin negotiations.
The Village regards the submission of the proposal in response to the RFP as the most important factor in the selection of a respondent to provide a feasible development project. The Village reserves the right to reject any and all responses to this RFP and is under no obligation to award a contract.
The responsibility for the final selection and negotiation rests solely with the Village of Nyack.
The Village shall not be liable to any respondent for costs associated with responding to the RFP, for the respondent’s participation in any oral interview required, or for any costs associated with negotiations.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a condition of award, the successful Vendor will be required to:
Enter into a standard contract with the Village, which shall include a work schedule.
Indemnify and save harmless the Village and its employees, agents and representatives from and against all damages, demands, actions, claims, injuries, and expenses incurred or made against the Village arising from or connected with the Vendor’s negligent performance or non-performance, or the breach of any representation or warranty.
Provide professional errors and omissions liability insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 per claim and an aggregate of $2,000,000 and commercial general liability insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence, with the Village of Nyack as an additional insured.