The Village Board of Trustees adopted a Snow Emergency Policy at their December 22, 2011 Board Meeting.
“The purpose of this policy is to ensure the public safety and welfare during storm conditions which may cause the Village roads to become hazardous to automobile and pedestrian travel, and to ensure adequate passage and access for Emergency Service vehicles, including but not limited to Police, Fire, Ambulance and other providers.”
You can view the policy on-line. The policy requires that there will be no parking on the Village Streets as indicted in the attached law and map upon declaration of a Snow Emergency. The affected streets will be all streets east of Franklin Street, from Cedar Hill Avenue to Fifth Avenue. You can view a map of the area on our web site.
The notification to the public that a Snow Emergency has been declared will be made by:
- The Village website, http://nyack-ny.gov , will post the declaration of a Snow Emergency as well as when it is lifted.
- You can sign up for e-mail alerts on the Village’s Web Site.
- Radio announcements on WHUD 100.7, The Peak 107.1, K104.7, WPMB 92.9, and WGHQ 920, WBNR 1260, WLNA 1420;
- The NY Alert notification system will be used to notify those who have signed on to the system. We encourage you to sign up for the alerts that are offered by going to www.NYAlert.com .
- The Village Hotline will provide a verbal message of the declaration of a Snow Emergency, and will provide a verbal message when it is lifted. 845-358-5626
These notification outlets will also announce when the snow Emergency has been lifted.
Once a Snow Emergency has been declared those residents without off-street parking will be allowed to parking in any of the Village’s public parking lots.
- Artopee Way Parking Lot
- Riverspace Parking Lot
- Spear Street Parking Lot
- Catherine Street Parking Lot
- Nyack Marina Parking Lot (south side)
Parking will be free in all lots listed above for the duration of the Snow Emergency Declaration.
People parked in these lots will have 12 hours after the Snow Emergency has been lifted to move their cars out of the lot.
Below is the boundary map.