- The Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) awards Nyack $206,000 to update its Comprehensive Master Plan through NYSERDA’s Cleaner Greener Communities Program.
- Nyack promotes leaf mulching and the Love ‘Em and Leave ‘Em project with flyers and workshop in the park.
- Nyack establishes a Green Policy Task Force to develop a Sustainability Action Plan.
- The New York State Urban and Community Council awards Nyack a grant for a complete street tree inventory.
Nyack establishes a tree committee and organizes and tree planting for Arbor Day.
- Hudson River Valley Greenway Council awards Nyack a grant for sustainability planning.
- Nyack receives a grant from Coca Cola and Keep America Beautiful for new recycling containers.
- Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority Recognizes Nyack as one of the three top recyclers in the County.
Nyack presents a series of Eco-landscaping talks at Nyack Library.
- Nyack takes the pledge to become a Climate Smart Community www.midhudsoncsc.org
- Nyack produces and adopts the Green Infrastructure Code Review Report (funded by Hudson River Watershed Alliance)
- Nyack Adopts a new Sustainability Chapter in the Village Code.
- Nyack establishes a Sustainability Desk in Village Hall